Talk to our taxation consultants about your income tax requirements
At MMS, our tax consultants guide our clients through a maze of tax laws, regulations and rulings – from income tax requirements to VAT registration. In addition to our main goal of helping clients stay compliant, we also have an intense focus on helping them to move forward in the best way possible.
Each MMS tax consultant brings a wide array of credentials to the table— including advanced financial and tax related qualifications as well as years of invaluable experience gained from working at the South African Revenue Service, before joining our team.
Our tax consultants take pride in their integrated and consultative approach to providing the highest quality tax services and assistance.
More about Income Tax in South Africa
- Individual and Trust Tax Returns (for non-provisional taxpayers): for postal (paper) submission, these returns need to be completed and submitted by the last working day of September. If completing a return electronically (via SARS’ eFiling system), the deadline is usually at the end of November.
- Individual and Trust Tax Returns (for provisional taxpayers): the submission deadline for this group of taxpayers is usually at the end of January.
- Company Tax Returns: these returns should always be completed and submitted within 12 months of the company’s financial year-end.
Unsure whether you should register for Income Tax? SARS has declared that all individuals receiving any type of employment income should register for Income Tax to minimise tax fraud and non-compliance.
You do not need to submit an income tax return of ALL of the below criteria apply to you:
- Your total employment income / salary for the year (March 2018 to February 2019) before tax (gross income) was not more than R500 000; and
- You only received employment income / salary for the full year of assessment (March 2018 to February 2019) from one employer; and
- You have no car allowance/company car/ travel allowance or other income (e.g. interest or rental income); and
- You are not claiming tax related deductions/rebates (e.g. medical expenses, retirement annuity contributions other than pension contributions made by your employer, travel).
Our approach to our clients’ tax demands:
- Completing personal and corporate income tax returns, advising on the implications of income tax legislation, and contacting the South African Revenue Service on the client’s behalf
- Advising on other forms of taxation, such as income tax, PAYE/SDL/UIF, company tax, stamp duty, estate duty, donations tax and VAT registration
- Advising on capital gains tax and dividends withholding tax
- Estates and Trusts
Please contact us to learn more about our tax services.