Financial accounting services
Our financial accounting solutions are primarily suited to small to medium sized enterprises in South Africa and includes the full scope of services from general accounting and bookkeeping, to the summary, analysis, and reporting of a business’ financial transactions. All our financial accounting services are conducted strictly in adherence to IFRS requirements and meet all SARS compliance requirements for income tax and VAT.
Our financial accounting services include:
- Processing of documents
- Debtors and creditors analysis
- VAT reconciliations and returns
- Management reports
- Bank, creditors’ and debtors’ reconciliations
- Preparation of yearly financial statements for corporate entities
- Payroll services, including reconciliations and returns; IRP5 and IT3 certificates
- Statutory registrations, including Income tax, VAT and payroll (PAYE, UIF and SDL)
Why choose MMS?
- Preferably, you want to choose qualified and certified professionals. Therefore, make sure that the accountant that will be working on your accounts is a registered Chartered Accountant (CA) or Professional Accountant (SA), as this implies that he/she has the correct qualifications, as well as sufficient workplace experience.
- Besides the correct academic qualifications, you want to be sure that the accounting firm managing your accounts has relevant experience in this field – find out whether they have worked with businesses similar to yours previously. Having experience with similar businesses’ accounts could mean that your accountants will be adding value to your business from the start.
- Enquire about the accounting software they use. You want to be sure that you choose an accounting firm that strives to keep up to date with the latest updates and advancements in the industry. Making use of the latest and best, accounting software available will also ensure that your accounts are prepared as accurately as possible.
- Talk to business networks about the accounting firms you have in mind. Ask the firm for a list of contactable references – most professional accounting firms would not hesitate in providing you with this list.
- When interviewing candidate firms, be sure to ask how they would help your company to advance its strategic objectives. During the interviews, you also need to establish that you will be able to work with the person, as accountants and business owners should work closely together.
- We provide our clients with up-to-date information regularly
- We give feedback on all that we do, communicating often with our clients
- We make sure that you know the exact status of your business’ financial position
- If required, we are happy to provide our clients with tax or business management advice
- We like to see our clients’ companies thrive
If you are ready to allow your business to grow substantially through the support and services of a reputable financial accounting firm, whilst being compliant and protected, feel free to get in touch with our team at MMS.