Professional Company Registrations
Registering your business correctly offers several benefits, including trademark/name protection, tax incentives, financial assistance, business compliance and more. Due to the complexity and onerous nature of this process, it is uncommon for business owners to attempt their own company registration in South Africa.
MMS Group is one of the trusted partners that many entrepreneurs turn to for their company registrations, as relying on professionals like us ensures that the process is completed timeously and correctly.
More about Company Registrations
Company registration process explained
The MMS company registrations process involves these steps:
- Every company falls within a specific category, each with specific regulations and requirements. The MMS Group team will counsel you in determining your company structure. We will also explain the different types of companies to you so that the entity registered on your behalf suits your business objectives. The types of companies that may currently be registered in South Africa are:
- Non-profit companies: these companies are established for the benefit of the public, or other objectives relating to cultural or social activities, or communal interests
- Profit companies: these companies’ primary objective is to trade and make money. It can be any type of company, from a retail store to an insurance company or a real estate firm
- Personal liability companies: these companies’ name end with Incorporated (Inc.). In such organisations, past and current directors are responsible for the company’s debts and liabilities
- Public companies: a public company’s shares are available to the public and is listed on at least one stock exchange
- Private companies: private companies’ names need to end with ‘(Pty) Ltd.’ These companies have fewer transparency requirements than public companies and have a board consisting of at least one director
Once decided, we then take the lodgement of your paperwork to CIPC as part of your registration application. When done correctly, business owners can generally expect to wait 3-5 days for the completion of their registration. Should your business registration not be approved, our team will assist you in rectifying any issues to ensure a successful registration.