Trust accounting services | Meet your taxation requirements
At MMS Trust Services (Pty) Ltd, we pride ourselves in keeping up to date with the latest legislative changes to trusts to provide pro-active and personalised services regarding your unique long-term tax and financial planning requirements. Our skilled team frontiers trust management and accounting requirements to give our clients the peace of mind that their personal wealth is built on compliant structures and that their life’s assets are in trustworthy hands.
- Acting as the Independent Accounting Officer for all local Trusts
- Professional accounting services up to trial balance
- Preparation of annual financial statements for trusts
- The completion and submission of all types of tax returns
- Managing process and procedure reviews
- Attending regular trustee meetings
- Provide specialised taxation advice on local trusts and related parties to a trust
- Beneficial ownership declarations
We are the preferred service supplier for several notable organisations:
- One of the major banks of South Africa (12 Years)
- A leading investment group in South Africa (6 Years)
- Various other fiduciary and investment specialists (9 Years)
More about trusts in South Africa:
- A trust ensures continuity as it is able to survive the life of a donor, trustee or beneficiary and continue for multiple generations.
- By establishing a trust, you can protect your assets against creditors and/or disputes with spouses etc.
- With a trust, you can utilise the collective knowledge, abilities and services of your trustees.
- The custody of assets can be managed through a trust, thereby preventing waste or misuse.
- Trusts allow for easier management and control of assets, which is useful when there are multiple owners who are not able to agree on how it should be managed.
- A trust allows for simpler administration concerning assets for charitable purposes.
- Trusts can provide several tax benefits if income and capital gains are managed and distributed correctly.
- Property taxes can be capped as the growth of an asset is not connected directly to a mortal person.
For trustworthy advice and professional guidance on a range of trust services, including taxation and trust accounting services, feel free to contact us to talk to an MMS consultant.