- Define and set your goals The first step in reaching your business goals is to define what your goals are and to set realistic timelines to start meeting these goals. When setting your goals, it is important to keep them time-specific and to ensure that they are attainable.
- Pursue your goals, no matter what it takes Once you have set your goals, you need to start planning how you are going to achieve them. Sit down and start planning the steps you need to take to reach your goals. Consider all possible avenues you can take, resources you can make use of, connections you can contact, etc.
- Plan how you will achieve your goals For every goal set, you need to work out a step-by-step plan. The more specific your planning, the better your chances are of succeeding in reaching your goals. List practical steps indicating how you will go about achieving each of the business goals you have set for yourself.
- Create a to-do list Creating to-do lists will help you complete everything that needs to be done in order to achieve your goals. To-do lists are great for daily, short-term and long-term goals and will help you keep track of all that still needs to be done, allowing you to focus your energy on the tasks at hand.
- Reflect and evaluate your progress Reflect on your progress every few weeks and evaluate how far you are in the process of achieving your business goals. Ask yourself what you have been doing right, and how can you go about improving things that you have been doing wrong. If you are nowhere near achieving the goals you have set for yourself, try to amend your strategy to help you achieve these goals more effectively.
- Use affirmations and visualisations to stay motivated If you feel demotivated, try to make use of affirmations and daily visualisations to keep you on track. Write down affirmations that may help you to achieve your goals – and put these up around your workspace so that you are reminded of what you need to achieve. Also, start every day by visualising your success for at least 10 minutes. Visualising your success will put you on the right path towards achieving it.
- Build a business network Building a business network can ultimately help you in your journey to achieving your goals. Every connection you make can be another opportunity for your business – contacts could be potential clients, employees, partners, etc.
- Do what you do best As a business owner, you know what you are good at and what not. Focus on what you can do and delegate the rest of your tasks to skilled professionals who can help you take your business forward.
- Expect the unexpected Always be prepared for the unexpected to happen – and to ensure that unexpected events do not get you down, be adaptable to various situations.
- Be flexible Modern business owners need to be flexible and dynamic to adapt to the evolving world around them. Therefore, be flexible about your goals. Stay ahead of the trends in your industry and try to incorporate these in your overall goal planning. Be ready to adapt your goals to accommodate changes in your business, yourself, or your environment.
There are numerous articles and press coverage of the interest rate cuts that have happened over the recent months. It’s likely that you’ve already been benefiting them – both your...
On 24 October 2018, National Treasury published new regulations pertaining to “electronic services” defined in Section 1 of the Value Added Tax (VAT) Act of 1991. These regulations...
Earlier this month, we discussed the business rescue process and the circumstances when this would be appropriate for a business in a position of financial distress. In the case of a...