- Clients control access to their accounts As a Xero account holder, you control access to your account and have the flexibility to invite users to collaborate on your data. Besides giving users access to your account, you can also control what they can see and do. Not even Xero’s support staff have access to your private information unless you invite them to help.
- User authentication Every Xero account receives standard access via a login and password. For added security, however, users have the option of using two-step authentication. This requires you to enter a unique code generated by an app on your smartphone when logging in – this option is recommended as it recues the risk of your account being accessed by unauthorised individuals.
- Data encryption All personal and financial data that is sent between you and Xero’s industry-standard TLS (Transport Layer Security) is encrypted. Furthermore, data stored on Xero’s servers are also encrypted, and when it is transferred between data centres for backup or replication, it is encrypted again, allowing clients complete peace of mind.
- Network protection To protect its network systems and data, Xero has implemented multiple security controls such as firewalls, intrusion protection systems and network segregation. They have also partnered with leading security merchants to leverage their expertise and global threat intelligence to protect your data.
- Secure data centres Xero’s servers are only located in premium grade hosting facilities that have implemented physical security measures to prevent physical access to the servers. These measures include 24/7/365 monitoring and surveillance, security personnel and regular security inspections.
- Continuous monitoring The Xero team goes to great lengths to monitor their security systems, while also keeping an eye on users’ event logs, notifications and alerts, enabling them to identify and manage threats as quickly as possible.
Earlier this month, we discussed the business rescue process and the circumstances when this would be appropriate for a business in a position of financial distress. In the case of a...
The devastating economic impact of Covid-19 and the SA national lockdown has adversely impacted many businesses across South Africa, and an end is not yet in sight. There has been...
One thing remains constant and that is the evolution of technology. The accounting landscape is especially affected by improvements and changes within the technological field as cloud...