- Take one day at a time, step-by-step, while keeping your goals in mind As an entrepreneur, it is easy to become too eager when working towards your goals. When starting your own business, remember that operating a successful company requires time and patience. Take one day at a time and achieve your goals step-by-step.
- Tell everyone you know about your business Inform everyone you know – friends, family, acquaintances – of your new business start-up. Often, people around you will be your first customers, and informing your inner circle of your plans can be a sure way of kick-starting your business. Once they start making use of your products and/or services, they will tell others about it, and soon your client base will grow.
- Never sell yourself short Many women have the tendency to sell themselves short. As the owner of your own business, never sell yourself short. You know what you are good at and you know which qualities you can bring to the table to help your business achieve success – focus on your strengths and be comfortable to use this to grow your business.
- Learn from rejection – and embrace it When starting your own business, you will need to learn to deal with rejection. Not everybody that you pitch your business idea to will be as excited as you are, but it is important to stay focused on your goals and to embrace rejection – learn from it, adapt your approaches and plans, and try again.
- Build a good team, and learn from them Employ skilled individuals to help your business grow and achieve success. As a business owner, it is impossible to do everything on your own, which is why it is important to find qualified and experienced individuals, who you can rely on, to assist.
- Network with like-minded women in business There are a fair amount of women business owners and networking with these individuals can benefit your business in numerous ways. Create networking opportunities for yourself and talk to like-minded women about the challenges of starting and running your own business.
- Identify and understand your target audience To succeed, you should be specific about your target audience – and you should fully understand them. Tailoring your products or services to meet the needs of your specific audiences will guarantee a strong product-market fit, which can help you establish your name in your industry.
- Be fearless Many women entrepreneurs hold themselves back from achieving success due to being afraid, or due to feeling like ‘imposters’ in a male-dominated business world. Do not let get fear get in your way. Katia Pryce, CEO and founder of DanceBody, says: “If you know what you’re doing is worthy, absolutely no one can stop you, not even yourself.”
There are numerous articles and press coverage of the interest rate cuts that have happened over the recent months. It’s likely that you’ve already been benefiting them – both your...
On 24 October 2018, National Treasury published new regulations pertaining to “electronic services” defined in Section 1 of the Value Added Tax (VAT) Act of 1991. These regulations...
Earlier this month, we discussed the business rescue process and the circumstances when this would be appropriate for a business in a position of financial distress. In the case of a...